The presence of delta 8 THC in blood and urine can be detected in as little as 2 to 30 days. There are many factors that can reduce or extend the time it takes for delta 8 THC to be completely eliminated from your system.
The longest time delta 8 THC can be detected in hair follicles is up to 90 days. These tests can be inaccurate so they are not recommended as the only method of testing.
How long delta 8 THC stays in your system will depend on:
- The frequency of use – The more you use delta-8 THC, the longer it stays in your body.
- Your age – people younger than 50 tend to process different compounds more quickly than people older.
- Consumption method – inhaled forms of delta 8 THC demonstrate the longest duration in the body.
- Your personal metabolic rate – Some people metabolize things more quickly than others.
- The dose that was administered to the patient is the highest. It will take longer for the body to eliminate the medication.
- Interactions between medications and supplements Any interaction with other chemical compounds in your liver will result in the reduction of delta 8 THC.
The half-life of Delta 8 THC
There are two phases to delta 8 THC metabolism: the slow phase and the rapid phase. It takes approximately 1 minute for delta 8 THC to be eliminated from your body after you have taken it. After that, the metabolic rate drops significantly. This is when delta8 THC enters into the slow phase.
It takes approximately 30 minutes for half the compound to be metabolized, leaving behind about 50% of the original dose. Another half of the compound is cleared 30 minutes later — leaving behind 25% delta 8 THC. This continues until there is nothing left.
We’ll discuss the major factors that influence how long delta 8 THC stays in your system.
This article was written by a cannabinoid medicine specialist at DRIP Cannabinoids. DRIP Cannabinoids joined the market in June 2020. We quickly established our mission: providing customers with the purest oil on the market, and in tandem providing a premium final product. Through each and every one of our products, DRIP strives to relieve people from the discomfort, stress, and anxiety of daily life by giving them access to cutting-edge cannabinoids such as Delta-10 and Delta-8 THC. DRIP’s formulas and procedures are all designed with the purity and safety of the customer in mind.